Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A thing

I've been thinking about lately is entitlement/obligation. A friend of mine posted this quote several months ago:

Even after all this time
the sun never says to the earth, "you owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that,
it lights the whole sky.
-Hafiz

And I sort of wish I could tattoo it onto my brain. I'm such a lucky person, and no one owes me anything and I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to remember that (or if figuring out why would even help).

And. I have some things to say about teleology (my vocab lesson of last semester) and the way that it limits contentment. And options. And steals lives.

For now: I worked hard all day today. I found myself planning lessons like a madperson, not able to pull myself away...which is sort of uncharacteristic and entirely awesome. I taught well and studied well (I might have fallen asleep for a minute, but) and rushed rushed into dinner and workshopping and got my phone fixed. Then I walked through nighttime Provo which I love of course.

So.

No comments:

Post a Comment